Get Up to 10% OFF

Plan Your Next Vacation
Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

10 Fascinating Things to Know About Dubai

Dubai, the city adds numerous adjectives before its name like vibrant, mesmerizing, astounding, modern, and whatnot. We like to call it the ‘city of dreams’. Fifty years ago, it was just a sheet of the desert. But today, it is a realm of an opulent lifestyle, the business heart of the Middle East, and a fun paradise. So wait for it, as we unveil the most interesting things to know about Dubai for you.

10 Fascinating Things to Know About Dubai

1.  The Bearer of an Opulent 7-Star Hotel

Things to know about Dubai - Burj Al Arab

Burj Al Arab, the 7-Star hotel in Dubai, is a replica of excellence. This one-of-a-kind, sail-shaped, luxurious hotel holds the charm of Dubai. Live like a king and feed your fancies of a lifetime here.

2. Its Has The Globe’s Tallest Skyscraper

Things to know about Dubai - Burj Khalifa

Burj Khalifa, the globe’s tallest and well-crafted structure envelopes the highest number of stories, outdoor observation decks, the tallest serving elevator, and much more. Astounding, isn’t it?

3. Expatriates are in Majority Here

Things to know about Dubai - Expats in Dubai

Another interesting thing to know about Dubai is that the place has only 15% of Emiratis while the remaining 85% of its residents are expatriates.

4.  Robots are the Helping Hands

Things to know about Dubai - 
 Robots in Dubai

Growth is the mantra of this city. Dubai is a place where manual labor is replaced by the progressive use of robots for camel racing and many other activities.

5. Address’, a New Concept!

Until 2015, the standard address system was an alien concept in Dubai. There was no presence of zip codes, area codes, or postal systems. However, a unique 10-digit code was assigned to all the buildings after 2015.

6. Bye-bye Income Tax!

Another fascinating fact about Dubai is that there is no income tax here. Yes, it is true! Live comfortably with your hard-earned money and save all you want.

7. PDA is a ‘NO-NO’!

Owing to the religious norms of the UAE, kissing or getting intimate in public is against the law in Dubai. A perfect place to play hard to get! <wink>

8. A Hub of Artificial Islands

Islands in Dubai

Architectural intelligence reaches its pinnacle in Dubai. Palm Islands, the world’s largest man-made islands, are paradigms of the city’s man-made scenic magnificence.

9.  It is known as ‘the City of Gold’

The urban city has ample gold souks that please you with the most exclusive and rich accessories. A fun fact, the painting of Mona Lisa in Burj Al Arab is covered with gold.

10. Friday & Saturday Make A Weekend!

Contrary to Saturday and Sunday that are weekend days for the rest of the globe, Dubai celebrates its weekend on a Friday and Saturday. Hence, plan your weekend getaway in Dubai accordingly.

Recommended Reads: 
                   10 Hidden Things To Do In Dubai
                   Top 50 Places to Visit in Dubai
                   All About Dubai Visa Fee, Types & More
                   10 Exciting Things to Do at JBR Dubai
                   12+ Things to Do In Dubai During Weekend
                   10 Reasons Why Visit Dubai For Your Next Vacation

Leave a comment