Interested in a solo travel adventure? Traveling alone is an exciting and unique experience. Travel includes discovering cultures, making new pals, exploring adventures, witnessing attractions and so much more. However, staying safe as you travel to friendly destinations is also paramount. Here is a list of countries that are the safest destinations for female solo travelers. Read on to decide your travel destination with intent and confidence.
5 Safest Destinations for Female Solo Travelers
Finland is a paradise for nature lovers known as the land of the midnight sun. The exquisite European destination is ranked number one by the World Economic Forum. The place is one of the safest countries for female solo travelers.
Top Finland Activities and Attractions
- Take a day trip to Turku for the best cultural and historical experiences. Also, tour Moomin World if you plan to stay longer.
- Visit the Santa Claus Village in Lapland. Spot the Northern Lights, a natural phenomenon that is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Visit the Chocolate Factory in Porvoo and explore the picturesque landscape of the dreamy medieval town.
- Gorge upon delicious food. Also, visit the supermarkets and the city’s market hall to sample local staples.
Travel among the friendliest people and be surrounded by the most scenic ambiance on the globe. Canada should be your next go-to destination if you are a female solo traveler. Explore the spectacular landscapes in a country surrounded by multiculturalism. So, check out a few fun solo escapades to explore in beautiful Canada.
Top Canada Activities and Attractions
- Enjoy skiing, ice fishing, and ice climbing in Alberta. This winter wonderland is a stand-out experience.
- The perfect place for solitude with thousands of lakes and white sandy beaches, Winnipeg welcomes the solo travelers to multi-day canoeing adventures and more.
- Enjoy the many cafes in Old Montreal. Also, visit the museums, restaurants among beautiful people that are incredibly fashion-forward and friendly.
- Spend time paddling from lake to lake, pitch a tent, and go camping in Killarney Provincial Park, Ontario.
Swiss travel is easy, safe, and convenient for a solo female traveler. Backpacking, hiking, walking tours, cultural tours, pub crawls, and more await you. Here are a few attractions and activities in one of the safest paradises in the world, Switzerland.
Top Switzerland Activities and Attractions
- Go for a hiking expedition in The Rugen, Interlaken. It is a quick 30 to 40 minutes hike to the top for amazing views of the city.
- Join others in the Interlaken walking tour to discover hideaways and beautiful surroundings along with the history of the place.
- Take a tour to Mount Titlis in the Ice Flyer, a top attraction in Engelberg.
- Also, get a chance to witness a dozen epic waterfalls in Oeschinensee in the canton of Bern. The place is a popular lake with rock cairns that you can walk under.
New Zealand, Oceania
New Zealand has been voted by The Travel Women as the top destination to visit for a female traveler. An outdoor wonderland with beautiful beaches, snow-capped mountains, and a burgeoning food scene, New Zealand is truly a go-to destination.
Top New Zealand Activities and Attractions
- Witness spectacular places in the Coromandel Peninsula such as the Cathedral Cove. Also, visit the Hot Water Beach with underlying geothermal hot springs.
- Take a break by the little lake called Lake Taupo. Further, go on the legendary trek up 12 miles across dramatic natural scenery at the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.
- Visit the Hawkes Bay Area, the second-largest wine region specializing in Syrah, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes.
- Also, explore the beauty of Tasman National Park in South Island. The place is known for its golden beaches, granite cliffs, and the coast track.
Austria is a country with extraordinary landscapes, crystal-clear lakes, mountain peaks, and the best quality of life. In fact, it ranks among the top on the International Women’s Travel Center’s list of best countries to travel for women. Hence, come along and plan a holiday to one of the safest destinations for female solo travelers.
Top Austria Activities and Attractions
- Visit the baroque interiors of the Mirabell Palace laden with marble, world-class sculptures, and enormous frescoes on the walls.
- Further, take a train ride from St. Wolfgang to the summit of the peak called Schafberg for the incredible views of Wolfgangsee Lake.
- The Seefeld Skiing Center offers beautiful terrains and has the most upscale accommodation for a relaxing resort getaway. Hence, you might want to reserve at least a day for this place.
- Witness a spectacular attraction in Vienna, the Schonbrunn Palace with 1441 rooms, built between 1696 and 1712.