Flying for the first time from Dubai? Don’t worry! Our list of important things to keep in mind will help you plan ahead. First-time travellers have a lot of queries and confusions. Well, no more! Read along and give a break to all those hassles. Here are core things to consider when you fly from Dubai International Airport.
5 Important Points to Consider When You Fly from Dubai International Airport
1. Important Dubai Airport Customs
Dubai has very strict custom regulations. The custom officer can check you at the entrance.
According to the 2014 Passengers Customs Guide. Passengers can bring the following goods free of duty.
- Gifts not more than the value of AED 3,000.
- 500 grams of tobacco or 50 cigars.
- Alcohol up to 4 liters.
Permitted and Duty-free Personal Products List
- Mobile phones
- PC’s and Laptops
- Radios and CD players
- Portable music Instruments
- Sports equipment
- Cameras and Video Cameras
- Passengers who are 18+ can carry cash up to 1,00,000 AED.
Prohibited Products List
- Narcotic Drugs
- Products from Israel
- Gambling Equipment
- Cooked or Homemade Food
- Forged Currency
- Original Prints and Sculptures
- Printed materials that are against Islamic Teachings.
2. Dubai Immigration Process at the Airport
- Like most countries, Dubai has a strict immigration process that you must follow.
- It is conducted for all passengers, irrespective of age, group, or sex.
- Passengers must check that their passports are duly stamped before leaving the immigration counter.
3. Dubai Airport Security Check
- Keep your mobile phone, wallet, watch, keys, etc in a carry0on.
- If carrying a laptop, keep it within an accessible reach. You will have to place it in a separate tray for the security scan.
- If your shoes have heels or belt has a metal buckle, then take them off! Put them in a security tray.
- Keep the liquid containers in a clear, resealable plastic bag. Each liquid must be within 100 ml.
Exemption: Medication, baby milk/foods and special dietary requirements used during your trip.
4. Some Dubai Airport Rules to Keep in Check
DXB Baggage Rules
- Bag shape: check-in bags should have one flat surface. It avoids blockage.
- Bag weight: Only two items of baggage are allowed for international travel. The total weight must not exceed 32kg. Charges applicable for extra weight.
- Hand luggage: Airlines accepts two types of hang bags (shoulder or laptop bags) and cabin bags (trolly bags)
- Liquids: Seal the liquid items in plastic bags.
- Banned items: Metal items, cooked food, duplicate currency, drugs, and fishing nets.
5. Banned Food Items At Dubai Airport
- No food items allowed at Dubai airport. This excludes any special mandatory items like medications, child food/milk, etc.
- Avoid accidentally carrying bakery products that might contain such poppy seeds, qat leaf, betel leaf or nuts, gutkha.