Exploring the UK is on the wish-list of most travelers. The country is all about breathtaking beauty, rich culture, along with the ultra-modern lifestyle that prevails here. When residing in the UAE, getting a tourist visa for the UK or London is pretty much straightforward. Thinking about traveling to the UK and confused with the visa processes? Worry not! We have a completely hassle-free, step-by-step guide for you to UK Visa for UAE residents with ease.
Major Types of UK Visa
1. Tourist or Visitors Visa
For holiday-focussed short and long stays.
2. Family Visa or Settlement Visa
You can join a residing family in the UK on a Family visa. Those who want to shift permanently to the UK would need a Settlement visa.
3. UK Visa Type ‘C’ for Short Stay and Tourism
Type ‘C’ visa is a short-term visa that allows the holder to reside in the UK Area for a limited time, depending on the validity of the visa. You can visit and stay in the UK on the Type C visa for more than 180 days per stay.
4. Standard Visa UK
The standard Tourist visa is issued for a duration of 120 months. After visiting the UK on a 6-month visa, you may consider applying for the long-term standard visitor visa which includes:-
- 2-year Visa UK
- 5-year Visa UK
- 10-year Visa UK
5. Working Holiday Visa or Business Visa UK
Foreign nationals aged from 17 to 30 years can work and travel through the UK Working Holiday Visa. It’s a two-year visa in which travelers can work for any 12 of its 24 months.
6. Transit Visa UK
You need a Transit visa if you are passing through one of the UK airports to reach another destination outside the country.
Major Documents To Prepare
- UAE Expats must have a validity of a minimum of 180 days on their Valid UAE residence Visa. All UAE residents must have their residential details.
- Original Passport required, least for 6-months of validity.
- Original NOC letter required with mentioned salary, designation, joining date, travel purpose for employee addressing the British Embassy of Valid Trade License copy, self-introduction letter showing monthly income, passport details for Partners, Investors & Owners.
- 3 recent passport size photographs with a plain background.
- Recent 6 months online bank statement with a bank stamp/original bank statement.
- An invitation letter from a friend/relative can be an additional advantage.
- An invitation letter required for the Business visa.
- Marriage certificate (as applicable).
How To Apply?
For a smooth and hassle-free visa process, the most feasible option is to submit the application online through the UK Govt site.
Guide to The UK Tourist Visa in Dubai (UAE)
- Visit the government site of the UK for visa and immigration.
- Select the type of Visa you need.
- Pay your visa fee to get a Visa Application Reference number. Upload the necessary document.
- Book an appointment with any of the visa centers of UAE. Visa applicants must schedule an appointment. Walk-in applicants are not accepted.
- Reach the Visa Application center at least 15 minutes early and get the assigned number. After your assigned number announced, step-in and submit your application along with necessary documents and passport size photos.
- Fingers are scanned and photographs are clicked in the biometric collection room. Afterward, take the assigned number. Keep the number safe for the collection of your documents. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 years of age need not submit their biometrics
- Track the final status of your application online.
- Once your application gets approved, you can visit the Visa Application Center to collect the visas. Please carry a valid govt. id along.
Time-taken for the UK Visa Approval?
It officially takes 15 working days to get the processing done. The approval of your application is solely dependent on the UK Government’s decision.
- Apply a minimum of 90 days early for the UK tourist visa.
- Do prepare all the important and valid documents well before the scheduled appointment date.
- Original documents are must as application centers are stern in checking their authenticity.
UK Visa on Arrival
Most people can enter the country as a visitor for a limited period. There is no visa on arrival facility in the UK for UAE residents/ex-pats as of date.
It is better to just get your visa and enjoy the stay without any complications.