Morocco offers plenty of staycations from adventures in the Sahara desert, Atlas Mountains, Atlantic Coast, and more. As the world is gripped by the pandemic and safety is essential, Africa is a breath of fresh air. Come to Morocco. The North African country abounds with seaside landscapes, medinas, pristine deserts, the Atlas mountains, that present unending happiness. Here are fabulous places for the most incredible Morocco staycations. Unwind, relax, and have a memorable escape.
5+ Top Locations for the Ultimate Morocco Staycations
Marrakech ~ Indulge in Plenty of Adventures and Nature Trips
Marrakech is undoubtedly one of the greatest cities in North Africa with medinas, red-earth walls, and palm-lined streets. The city offers plenty of memorable stay options for day trips, weekend trips, and more.
Top Marrakech Activities and Attractions
- Travel to the amazing Ouzoud Waterfalls. Enjoy the few hours drive past the Berber Plains and the north of Marrakech. View the longest cascades in North Africa.
- Take a day tour to the Kik Plateau. Discover the wonders of Agafay Desert and the majestic Atlas Mountains.
- Take a day trip to Imouzzer, an isolated town in the middle of the Atlas Mountains. Also, shop for almonds and argan oil. Further, explore the surrounding jungle and more.
- Pamper yourself at the magnificent Radisson Blu. The hotel is a few minutes from the historic quarter. Indulge at the ultra-modern facility, fanciful restaurants, an aquarium pool, an exquisite spa, and more.
Agadir ~ Explore Nature Trails and Beautiful Landscapes
Agadir boasts of fabulous waterfront views open to the Atlantic Ocean, cafes, and restaurants. Shop for souvenirs at the El Had d’Agadir Souk. The city also hosts the Timitar Festival. The vibrant atmosphere and ocean views offer plenty of stays for you to relax.
Top Agadir Activities and Attractions
- Spend quality time with family in the luxurious Riu Tikida Dunas, a chic property by the beachfront. Enjoy the sun and the sea breeze.
- Head out on a full day fascinating drive to the Paradise Valley and capture landscapes of steep gorges.
- Journey to the Mini Sahara in a 4X4 as you stop by at the Agadir Beach and Orfèvrerie El Guerche.
- Experience sandboarding on the beachfront dunes of Tamri, just a few hours drive away. Relish a traditional Moroccan lunch with the locals here.
Essaouira ~ Unwind in the Fascinating Beaches of the Seaside Town
The windsurfing capital is a laid back town with long sandy beaches and a mellow scene. The charming seaside town with whitewashed houses, architecture, peaceful squares, and art galleries promise incredible spots for a Morocco staycation.
Top Essaouira Activities and Attractions
- Stay at the luxurious Atlas Essaouira and Spa with premium sea views, spa treatments, and exquisite fine dining.
- Enjoy fabulous wine tours just a 30-minute drive to Val d’Argan winery from Essaouira. Further, sip on Moroccan Gris wines, take a dip under olive trees, and enjoy a picnic lunch.
- Go to the stunning desert landscapes and navigate the dunes on a quad bike. Or, enjoy a 3-hour camel ride.
- Take a hiking expedition in the forest. Walk along the beach or visit the Sidi M’Barek Waterfalls with beautiful sights of terraced gardens.
Fes ~ Explore Romantic Riads and Gardens
Wander the gardens of Jardin Jnan Sbil just outside the medina. Stay in the luxurious elegance of the hotels and guesthouses. Further, stroll along cobblestone streets to absorb village life, and more. Fes presents plenty of staycations at your disposal.
Top Fes Activities and Attractions
- Unwind in style at the exquisite 5* Palais Medina and Spa. Also, soak in majestic views of the medina and Jbel Zalagh Hill.
- Pick a Turkish bath and hammam experience from one of the top wellness centers in Fes. You can pick from places like Spa Riad Fes Maya, Hammam Riad Haj Palace, and more.
- Take a day trip to Meknes and learn about Roman history as you discover mysterious secrets in the ruins.
- Drive down the beautiful landscapes to Chefchaouen and explore narrow blue streets and notable sites.
Casablanca ~ A Blend of Traditional and Modern
Casablanca city is a blend of Moorish style and European art deco. The place has a trendy nightlife, colorful markets, historic Old Medina, amazing alleyways, and delicious food. You can explore its culture and participate in bazaar walking tours for fun. Also, plan fabulous day trips to Tangier and Essaouira.
Top Casablanca Activities and Attractions
- Board the high-speed train for a wonderful ride along the Atlantic Coast to Tangier. Visit the Kasbah district, Old Medina, and more.
- Pick a trendy spot of La Corniche and the posh Gauthier, Boulevard d’Anfa, and Racine areas. These places are popular for offering gourmet experiences.
- Drive one hour to Azemmour on the estuary of Oum-er-Rbia River. Reach El Jadida, a small town by the oceanfront.
- Spend recreation time with family on the Casablanca Corniche with bike paths, boardwalks, and urban fitness facilities by the beach.
Rabat ~ In the Capital of Morocco
The Royal City is famous for its parks, boulevards, monuments, and rich history. Discover plenty of activities during a Rabat, Morocco staycation.
Top Rabat Activities and Attractions
- Try a unique Rabat food tour. Explore the ancient medina, artisanal food stalls along with the food tasting of speciality local cuisine.
- Take a cultural tour of Moulay Ismail’s expansive palace with Moroccan folk art exhibits.
- Enjoy a half-day cultural excursion of Hassan Tower, the Oudaia Museum, and weave a carpet experience.
- Take a road trip to El Jadida and stay at the superb historic resort Riad El Jadida near the beach. Also, visit the El Jadida Citadel and Citerne Portugaise landmarks.
Sometimes, the best vacation is a cozy staycation!