New Year’s Eve unites the entire globe in a special bond. As we step into another year, a new chapter of our life begins and that’s what makes New Year’s Eve an event to celebrate. Be it the USA or Dubai in the Middle East, the charm of the New Year is infectious everywhere. Ras al Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates is one such place that welcomes New Year with a spectacular light with their special Ras Al Khaimah Fireworks Show.
The kind of grandiosity Ras al Khaimah pulls off on New Year’s Eve is unmatchable. No wonder the place holds five Guinness World Records for its larger-than-life fireworks show. And this year too, Ras al Khaimah is set to host one of the grandest New Year fireworks on the globe.
Ras Al Khaimah Fireworks Show New Year’s Eve
The New Year fireworks show in Ras Al Khaimah is often the largest of them all in the world and hence, it has been attracting the audience from different countries. As per the announcement of the organizing committee, Ras Al Khaimah is hosting the world’s largest pyrotechnic display this New Year’s Eve too.
The event would take place near Al Marjan Island for 10 minutes in sync with loud energetic music over a stretch for about 4 km. On account of the coronavirus-induced pandemic, the road to the island would stay closed for tourists. However, it would be accessible for those who reside on the island or are guests at some hotel or resort.
Last year, Ras al Khaimah garnered incredible appreciation for its phenomenal fireworks to the extent that it secured a Guinness World Record for launching the most unmanned aerial vehicles in the sky.
How to Watch The Ras al Khaimah New Year Fireworks Show?
As the pandemic is not over yet, all the celebrations of New Year including the remarkable fireworks show will be held without the audience. Fearing the spread of the coronavirus, the government has decided to carry out celebrations without public galleries. However, hotels and resorts at Al Hamra Village and Al Marjan Island are allowed to have dedicated viewing areas for their guests following strict safety guidelines. If you are at home, you can still enjoy the show as the celebration will be broadcasted live on TV. People can also watch it online from anywhere in the world.
Other Things To Do in Ras Al Khaimah on New Year
If you are in Ras Al Khaimah and are looking forward to exploring its beauty and glamor, then there are certain things to consider other than the Ras al Khaimah New Year fireworks show.
- Explore the towering orange-hued Al Hajar Mountains and enjoy the panoramic beauty of Ras al Khaimah while relishing beautiful vistas.
- Spend a day by the sparkling beaches of the emirate and seek the pleasure of the sun, sand, and sea.
- Go on a thrilling zip-lining ride on Jebel Jais and awaken the adventure junkie in you.
- Spot wonderful artworks and a great collection of artifacts at Ras al Khaimah National Museum.
- Explore on the outskirts the beauty of the 16th-century Dhayah Mud Fort.
- Have a fun-filled day with your kids and family at Iceland Water Park.
- Explore the marvelous architecture of the stunning Sheikh Zayed Mosque.
- Catch a jeep ride in the ever-dazzling sand dunes of Awafi.
- Visit the pre-Islamic tombs and other discoveries from the past at the village of Shimal.