Home to more than 3,000 animals, 78 species of mammals – including 10 different carnivores, 50 species of reptiles, approximately 111 varieties of birds, amphibians and invertebrates, Dubai Safari Park shouldn’t be missed if you are in the UAE! Also, the park has got several activities and attractions, in case you thought it is ‘just about animals’. Read on to know why Dubai Safari Park shouldn’t be missed.
The Dubai Safari Park In A Nutshell
Dubai Safari Park, in an area of whooping 19-hectare and home to around 3,000 animals, with 78 varieties of mammals- including 10 diverse carnivores and 17 primates – 50 types of reptiles, 111 kinds of birds plus amphibians and invertebrates, and live shows, activities for kids and adults alike, it is not just an average safari! The park is eco-friendly and its major source of energy is solar energy. The park replaced the famous Dubai Zoo on its 50th anniversary. On May 15, 2018, the park was closed for renovations and improvements and now it is open for the public.
Covid-19 and The Dubai Safari Park
Although life has pretty much returned to the new normal, yet we are still amidst a global pandemic. The Dubai Safari Park takes special precautions to ensure the safety of all its visitors and employees. Significant changes have been made to the overall model of the park, like automated thermal screening at the entrance, touch-free ticket scanning, display signs for wearing a mask at all times, fines for not adhering to the rules and regulations, electronic map for the park, installations of sanitiser, dispensers, etc. Dubai Safari Park ensures that everyone follows proper safety protocol at all times and also enjoy it to the fullest. Only children aged under three are permitted to remain mask-free here. Every time a group exits a bus, the park staff cleans and sanitizes the surfaces before the next group arrives. Staff monitors all the visitors and not more than two people are allowed to sit on the same bench, while everyone is expected to maintain at least a 2-metre distance from one another.
Interesting Facts About The Dubai Safari Park That You Probably Didn’t Know
- Dubai Safari is fully environmentally friendly and completely solar-powered.
- The new development will also host a breeding program at the conservation centre that aims to release animals into the wild each year.
- Dubai Safari has a valley, features a waterfall, a lake with crocodiles!
- The park hosts many attractions and environmentally-friendly electric vehicles, trains and buses.
- It is approximately twice the size of the world’s smallest country, Vatican City.
- It is home to some rare species of animals that are cared for in a temperature-controlled environment.
- It has several themed sections like an African, Asian and Open Safari Village, etc.
- It has the largest walk-through bird aviary in the UAE.
- Dubai Safari has an underwater viewing of the hippos.
- It features a bird show and a live animal show.
- The park has a kid’s farm where they can play or feed the animals.
- It is home to the largest reptile collection in Dubai and the world’s first drive-through crocodile exhibit.
- It is home to the UAE’s only drive-through hippo and tiger exhibition.
- First White Lion pride on exhibit to the public in the UAE.
- It has the UAE’s largest drive-through lion exhibition.
- Only cheetah race in the UAE.
- The world’s first drive-through crocodile display.
- It has the UAE’s largest troop of baboons.
- You can experience a drive-through safari.
- Dubai Safari Park is also home to the rare breed of rhinoceros.
Drive through the Safari Village
Taking luxury and comfort to another level, the Dubai Safari Park offers a drive-through experience to its visitors and is perfect for families with a senior citizen or young kids or anyone who doesn’t wish to walk a lot. The visitors embark on an incredible experience on a bus for a journey through ‘Africa’ and ‘Asia’ to marvel at the fascinating animals that originate from these continents.
A Park for Sustainability and Conservation
There is so much more to Dubai Safari Park than just wildlife. The park has been constructed on a landfill site and this has completely remodelled the area. The park has numerous eco-friendly and sustainable technologies like harnessing solar energy, repurposing food and animal waste which is later used as fertiliser in the park. Several recycle bins are also spread throughout the park for visitors to use.
The park also focuses on protecting endangered species and there are plans to introduce courses like zoo-keeping, veterinary and conservation to raise awareness for wildlife conservation in the UAE.
How Do I Reach The Dubai Safari Park?
The Dubai Safari Park is located on the Al Warqa 5, settled at the Hatta Road. The simplest route to reach the safari park would be via Al Awir. The Safari Park is also easily accessible through the cab.
What Facilities Are Here?
Apart from the plethora of activities, the park also offers several facilities to make visits comfortable for every visitor. Some of these are:
- Restaurants and kiosks
- Souvenir shop
- Rest area
- Help desks
- Photography booth
- Baby changing rooms
- First aid facility
- Separate prayer rooms for male and female visitors
- General admission in the park
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Schedule and Timings
- Every day: From 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Main gates open from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- The last bus for safari journey departs at 4:30 pm
- Bird Show 11:00 am
- Amazing Creatures of the World 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Birds of Prey show 4:30 pm
Free Ticket For:
- Children (under 3 years)
- People of determination +2 companions *(bring your SANAD Card)
Planning the Visit
Wear comfortable shoes and clothes, carry sunscreen, sunglasses, cap, if you are travelling with kids then don’t forget to carry their essentials. A typical visit to the Dubai Safari Park takes around 3-4 hrs. but then it varies from person to person. Outside food is not allowed. But there are plenty of restaurants and cafes inside to ensure you are belly-full and hydrated.
What All Is There At The Dubai Safari Park?
Apart from experiences like Bird Feeding, Giraffe Feeding, etc., the park is divided into different parts; each part has its own set of animals and has been designed differently:
As the name suggests, this ‘village’ is inspired by the magnificent architecture that the Asian continent has. With a huge diversity of interesting wildlife, this area is packed with animals mainly from Asia.
Arabian Desert Safari
A drive-through attraction that replicates the vast deserts of Western Asia. This village has a variety of species of the Arabian Peninsula; this experience brings back to life the memorable nomadic desert of the Arabian Peninsula.
Known for its Big Five, the African Village is adorned with magnificent animals from the vast continent of Africa. This will give you a true taste of Africa in the UAE! It is home to some of the world’s largest and smallest land mammals, from the majestic African elephant to the little meerkat.
The drive-through experience where the visitors are taken on a tour of discovery through Africa and then Asia in a bus.
Made specifically for kids (but adults enjoy it equally!), the place has all the activities for the little ones to entertain as well as educate them.
The area where visitors can rest and enjoy some moments of relaxation. The place has been designed to ensure that large as well as small groups can relax and enjoy themselves. The place also has a small lake, cafes, etc.
It is a plethora of innovation, with its futuristic and sustainable design and unbelievable attractions, Dubai Safari Park is an exciting escapade for kids and adults alike and shouldn’t be missed. If you are looking for more activities or travel-related posts, do not miss this link!
Also Explore: How To Pick The Right Travel Agency In Dubai?